Saturday, April 10, 2010

Best torrent client according to me

When I first started using torrents to download stuff from internet (using p2p network) I always wondered that which client is the best because there are several out there and almost all are freewares e.g. bitcomet, azureus, limewire, utorrent etc. So it was very hard to choose which one to use because somebody said bitcomet, someone else said azureus etc. Then I decided to test each of these myself. And here is the review of two top conetenders - bitcomet and utorrent.

(1) Bitcomet -

Download Bitcomet
This is a heavy client with many features and provides different facilities. It integrates itself into your web browsers like IE (Internet Explorer)  and FF (Moxilla Firefox) and gives several download options like download all the images from a particular webpage or download the audio file which is not directly available to download from the webpage itself. But I didn't get satisfactory speed with bitcomet. My peak speed went up to about 40kbps, not more than that. Bitcomet also took time to find seeds and peers and affected my internet browser speed. Bit comet gives an option of comet passport which is free to register and according to bit comet you get higher download speed and many stuff when you register and get comet passport but I didn't see any effect in speed even after registering to comet passport. So I didn't use bit comet much.

After Bit comet I used some more but all gave the same result. At last I came to utorrent and it really impressed me.

(2) Utorrent -

The size of this very tiny application made the first impression on me. Download it yourself and see its size Download utorrent
At first run utorrent gave me the speed of 70 kbps. Wow! Then it kept on increasing and now I download at more than 500kbps. Can you imagine? from 30kbps to 500+kbps? Unlike bitcomet it immediately finds and connects seeds and peers. It has very good features like auto shutdown, scheduler etc which have been incorporated in bit comet now. Utorrent is really the best client. I love its simple yet impressive interface.

I don't insist that you also use utorrent beacuse read the post's title which is "Best torrent client according to me" so you are free to choose which one you like but if you ask me then my answer is UTORRENT.




As the reader of this blog, you are my most important critic and commentator so go ahead and comment and if you liked my post then also subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment