Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to hackproof yourself

These days Chinese hackers are very active. You must have heard in news that recently a Canadian investigators team has revealed that a Chinese cyber spy ring specifically targeted India's defense establishment and are expected to set off a major cyber security overhaul by New Delhi.
I wonder that how can anybody challenge a country which produces most talented computer scientists, software engineers and also hackers (majority of them are unknown). But now I understand why we are not able to face the challenge. The reason is that everybody wants money and this is the common human nature that wherever a person gets higher level of satisfaction than the present one then he will go after that only. So this means that these genius don't get enough salary so they go overseas and give them their priceless talent.
But now they have to wake up and see what is going on in their motherland. What we need at present is a team of hackers who have in them the patriotic feeling towards their country. If once this is done then we can show those chinese that we are not weak.
Normal internet users should also be conscious about internet threats because who knows when these chinese fall in love with you. Now I am telling you somethings that you should keep in your mind while using internet.
(1). Never compromise your pc security. Always install a good and reputed antivirus, antispyware and firewall. The one I recommend is ESET nod32 4.0 Smart Security. I am using this from past 4 or 5 months and am highly satisfied with it. Don't worry about the cost, just Email me at matneo123@yahoo.com and never install the free ones because I don't trust them. Although AVG and avast have been impressive according to some analysts but I stick to eset. As you are my reader so you are most valuable to me so I would not want any of my reader to use these ones, email me and get eset 4.0 for free. It combines all the three - antivirus, antispyware and firewall.

(2). Change all your passwords on internet for any type of account whether it be of ebay or gmail or any email. You should change your password by about every 15 days. And be conscious while choosing password like don't use your name of birthday in your password and keep the length of your password long.

(3) If you have to do some confidential work then don't use the cafe computers to do this. Only use your home computer or if you are sure about your office pc then use it. Because there are lots of people going in cafe so you don't know who has done what. What if somebody installed a keylogger? Keylogger is a software which records every key you press on your keyboard.

If everybody follows these simple rules then everybody will be protected. I don't say that you will be hackproof and also the rules I have told you are very crude But are good if you keep them in practice. There are much deeper security related things but they are for the geeks.

Many people have perception that if I only use internet to access my email then I don't need any antivirus or security suite but they are wrong. As soon as you connect to the web, it becomes an open diary which anybody with required knowledge can read and do whatever it wants to do with it. And not only viruses or threats come from internet but also from e.g. pen drive, any storage device. So you  are not safe at all. So immediately mail me at matneo123@yahoo.com and get the best security suite for free and keep yourself protected against all types of threats. If you are an advanced user then there are other interesting features in this suite that you will like.



As the reader of this blog, you are my most important critic and commentator so go ahead and comment and if you liked my post then also subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment